We worked through Labor Day, when eight truckloads of structural steel were on their way from Alabama for arrival at 7:00 am Tuesday. This marked a new phase of construction for our northern retail center.
With a multi-story building, our crew required a 100-ton capacity crane to hoist equipment to the second level to begin installation of the structural steel. Other developments around the site include:
- Steel is inventoried and “shook out” to its location for future erection.
- MEP crews were busy with overhead rough-in of utilities.
- Fire sprinkler contractors were added to our onsite team.
- Precast Crews continued hoisting the 50,000 pound and over loads of concrete into place at the southern end of the project.
- Caisson crews near complete of their work with less than 10 units remaining.
- Concrete Crews poured footings for the upper and last retaining wall.
- Earthwork crews progressed with underground utilities and rough grading of the site.