Crews have been very busy the last two weeks in all locations of the University Commons project. On the southern retail center and adjacent shops, over 69,000 square feet of topping slab were poured. The precast bridge support beams were also set this week, so the outline of the connecting road from our project to the Joe Johnson Bridge can been seen.
At the northern retail center, work included:
- Masonry contractor busy erecting scaffold to start block and brick work.
- Roofing crews arrived this week and materials were hosted to the top of the second level.
- Atrium structural steel framing and decking was also completed.
- Metal stud and sheathing work progressed and exterior walls are all but complete.
- Interior work include overhead MEP rough-in
- Preparation is soon to start for the pour of the final topping slabs.
Next week we will pour 1 of the 4 remaining concrete pours for the ramp to the elevated loading dock areas. This will make access much easier to our multi-story project.